Our values of integrity, honesty, balance, and community service go far beyond how we conduct our business – they extend to how we interact within our neighborhoods, our schools, our town, the environment, and the world in which we live, work and play. Tafoya Barrett and Associates PC employees provide their time, talent, and passion in supporting many Southwest Colorado and Global organizations.
Tafoya Barrett and Associates PC participates in firm-wide community service projects throughout the year. These volunteer projects create a positive teambuilding experience and make a positive impact on our community.
To support our team members, Tafoya Barrett and Associates PC provides 52 hours annually of paid community service time and will match up to $500 of an employees’ financial contributions to organizations that are near and dear to their hearts. Additionally, Tafoya Barrett and Associates PC pays dues for employees who choose to participate in professional and civic service organizations. We are proud of our employees who generously support our community.
On average, our 12 team members’ provide 750 volunteer hours annually.
We believe our approach to strengthening the community in which we live, work and play is interdependent with helping our clients, our Firm, and our staff reach their goals.
Firm-wide volunteer projects
- Stan the Man Alzheimer's Walk
- Downtown Durango Clean-up Day
- Adaptive Sports Association Dave Spencer Ski Classic
- Cooking at Manna Soup Kitchen
- Event support La Plata Open Space Conservancy
Team members’ volunteer work
- Two members of Kiwanis including current president of the Narrow Gauge Kiwanis and past Lt. Governor for Division 18 of the Rocky Mountain District of Kiwanis, and current treasurer of the Kiwanis Club of Durango
- Two members of Rotary including past president of Day Break Rotary, and current Board of Directors member for High Noon Rotary
- Three members of Durango Knights of Columbus Council #1408 including past Grand Knight, and current Board of Directors Member
- Founder, Past Chairman of the Board of Boys and Girls Club of La Plata County, and current Board of Directors member
- Past Chairman of La Plata Economic Development Alliance
- Two alumni of Leadership La Plata
- Fort Lewis College School of Business – Member of Advisory Committee
- Past member of Fort Lewis College Alumni Board of Directors
- Member of Board of Directors for Good Dirt Radio
- Trails 2000 members
- Durango Airport Planning Advisory Committee Member
- Current volunteers and past Board of Directors member for La Plata Open Space Conservancy
- Member of the League of Women Voters
- Project Merry Christmas
- Big Brother at Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Montezuma Land Conservancy
- The Garden Project of Southwest Colorado
- Best Horse Practices Summit
- Women’s Resource Center
- Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's
- Music in the Mountains
- One member of Durango Diplomats
- Serving at Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- 4 Corners Back Country Horsemen
- Community Foundation Finance Committee Member
- Days for Girls
- Project Linus
- Project Eye Pillows for Mercy Hospital TLC Nurses